If you want your website to gain visibility in the search engines and want to gain most important positions then you have to focus correctly on your keyword research. Before you start optimization your website, the most important step is “Keyword Research”.
Try these tips:
1) Your rankings depend on the competitiveness of the keyword you choose, it is important for you to have an idea for your keywords and competitors who are ranking top for that particular keyword.
2) While doing keyword research focus on keywords that are frequently searched by users on internet. Think from normal user point of view to find one of the best keyword for your website. It is meaningless to have top ranking for the keyword that hardly gets searched.
3) Don’t forget to check your competitor once you find keyword for your website that isn’t too competitive but highly searched. The best way to find the feasibility of the particular keyword is by searching backlinks for the top five websites in Google. The more number of backlinks point the websites for the particular keyword makes it more difficult for the optimization process. You have to do aggressive link building to achieve top rankings and drop your competitors.
4) Once you have finalized your keyword don’t forget to modify meta tags, title, web content using the particular keyword for your website. By targeting and placing one keyword in your page content and meta tags, you will help search engines to understand your web-page theme.
5) Along with on-page factors Search Engines also weighs off-page factors for the websites. These include link building, blog postings, article submissions, press release distributions, social bookmarking, directory submissions as well as some other resources where you can post link for your website. Getting links from authority websites are counted as more valuable by search engines as you can read from Tips to grow business fast. Make your link anchor text keyword oriented.
6) Do remember “if you target wrong keyword for your website all your efforts will be in vein” so do keywords research for your website carefully and smartly.